Join us in a new class about Computer Concepts for the Workplace!
We will cover the following concepts for computing skills in the workplace:
- Telephone Audio Access Services
- Computer Literacy and Terminology
- Desktop Start menu, Task Bar System Tray and Navigation
- File Management with File explorer
- G Suite Gmail Docs Drive Calendar
- Online collaboration apps Microsoft Team, WebEx
- Navigating Outlook and Email tasks
Instructors will work with you in a group setting via phone conference call, to introduce and build computer literacy, desktop navigation, file management, online collaboration tools, the use of email, telephone audio access services and the use of the Humanware Victor Reader.
Prerequisites for our class include a pre-course assessment for computer competency and necessary hardware. You will need to have access to a Windows PC, a reliable phone, wi-fi or cellular connection and access to a Victor Reader Stream/Trek Device for note taking and access to course content. You will need to have the ability to operate required devices with or without assistive technology.
Currently, classes are held remotely via phone conference calls.
The class will be 8 weeks, once a week for 2 hours each session; the date and time is to be determined.